Sundown Audio - E10 v.4 Pro Audio 10" Subwoofer D2/D4
The fourth version of our acclaimed E series has been refreshed for 2020. Since we introduced the first E series in 2012 we have sought to push the limits of entry-level woofers forward. Typical entry level woofers are highly limited in terms of linear excursion, mechanical ruggedness, and thermal performance – all of these bars have been raised once again for our fourth generation E series. The v.4 update is a minor refresh from the v.3 featuring a new custom-tooled, stronger stamped steel frame and a upgrade to our directional forced-air cooling spacer.
A double stacked magnet structure and an extremely long voice coil allow us to achieve a class-leading linear x-max of 14mm one-way in addition to high mechanical clearances (over 2” peak-to-peak before physical coil bottom). The E v.4 series has been upgraded to a full 2.5” diameter coil (this started with the v.3) compared to the 2” coil of previous generations (v.1 and v.2). The tinsel leads have been upgraded to a new “Mini-XL” lead containing 63-strands of conductor (a full XL is 84-strands and previous leads contained 42-strands) to help prevent potential failure due to amplifier clipping. The spider itself is a high-strength poly-cotton blend designed to handle the full capacity of the motor. To provide an additional level of ruggedness the spider is bolted down and glued to the frame.
Bottom-line; if you are looking for a great subwoofer option and do not want to break the bank the Sundown E-Series woofers are for you & these are the best E series made to date. They are ideal for anyone from beginners to seasoned professionals seeking industry leading performance at a value price point.
- Xmax = 14mm one-way by 70% BL
- RMS Power = 500-watts (300-watts 8”)
- Vented magnetic gap
- Vented pole piece with optimized geometry (solid pole for 8”)
- Black Aluminum 2.5” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation (2” coil for 8”)
- High Temperature 4-Layer copper voice coil wire
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On “Mini-XL” Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Bolted-on Spider Pack
- Bolt-through motor design to ensure maximum longevity and ruggedness against mechanical failures
- High strength stamped steel frame
- Optimized for ported enclosures